This guide is recommended for customers who wish to provide cover for their basement entrance with railings on both sides of the staircase.
Step 1: Begin by measuring the width and length of the basement staircase.
- Width: Distance between edge of the railings.
- Length: The total length of the staircase.
Step 2: Determine the height where the awning will be installed.
- Height: Distance from the ground to the preferred awning location
- Check for any objects that could get in the way of the installation. For example, windows, security cameras, etc.
- In the case of a window, you will need to determine whether to partially block the window or position the awning above the window.
Step 3: Decide on the model to be used to cover the side entrance.
- PC3 Arch (76″) awning is recommended when:
- The width of the staircase is wider than 38 inches but narrower than 64″.
- PC2b Arch (50″) awning is recommended when:
- The width of the staircase is lesser than 38 inches.
Step 4: Order the awning via our Shop page or by filling out the Contact Us page if you require the installation service.
- Select the model of the awning based on your results from Step 3.
- Choose the colour of the bracket and the panel
- Determine the bracket colour to either match the colour of the wall or the railing
- Determine the panel colour to either maximize (clear) or limit (tinted brown) the amount of sunlight
- Type in the length determined from Step 1.
- Increase the quantity to 2 to order two identical awnings.
- The package only includes the awning material.