This guide is recommended for customers who wish to provide cover for their basement entrance adjacent to the wall of the house.
Step 1: Begin by measuring the width and length of the basement staircase.
- Width: Distance from the wall to the edge of the railing or concrete.
- Length: The total length of the staircase.
Step 2: Determine the height where the awning will be installed.
- Height: Distance from the ground to the top of the window.
- Check for the flatness of the vertically oriented bricks above the window with surrounding bricks. If not flat, the awning will need to be installed above the vertical bricks.
- Check for any objects that could get in the way of the installation. For example, fan exhaust vents, security cameras, etc.
Step 3: Decide on the model to be used to cover the side entrance.
- PC5 (59″) awning is recommended when:
- The width of the staircase is greater than 4 feet.
- The awning needs to be installed above 8 feet.
- PC4 (48″) awning is recommended when:
- The width of the staircase is smaller than 4 feet.
- The awning will be installed 8 feet or below.
We do not recommend installing the awning below 7 feet as the end of the awning will end up being 6 feet or below.
Step 4: Order the awning via our Shop page or by filling out the Contact Us page if you require the installation service.
- Select the model of the awning based on your results from Step 3.
- Choose the colour of the bracket and the panel
- Determine the bracket colour to either match the colour of the wall or the railing
- Determine the panel colour to either maximize (clear) or limit (tinted brown) the amount of sunlight
- Type in the length determined from Step 1.